Saturday, February 25, 2012

L*U*C*K

I wanted some St. Patty's day lovin in my house, so I figured I would make my own rendition of 'word blocks.' I've seen a lot of cute things in stores and on pinterest (for all the holidays), but I wanted to try my hand at making my own version.
The finished product:
Here's how I got there!

Materials:
knife or scissors (I used both)
Fun paper
Marker
boxes or blocks
glue (hot glue works best, but I don't have any yet)

Step 1:
Cut your boxes (or blocks) to the size and shape you want.
All of my boxes looked like this:
When I cut them they looked like this:

I then glued them to eachother. (you could wait to glue them to eachother at the end once they are decorated, but I liked being able to visualize it better if they were glued first)
Next, I put pretty green paper on them. front, top, and the two sides on the end.



Lastly, I just wrote on the letters to spell Luck. I wanted it to look 'hand made' and a bit *crafty* so I just used markers to scribble them on, but if you want a more pro look, you can stencil the letters on with paint or free hand it nicely.

I hope you guys liked my cutesy little Saturday craft!

Thanks for reading,
Mrs. E =]

No comments:

Post a Comment