Friday, December 14, 2012

Angels

Too many beautiful babies turned to angels today. My heart and prayers go out to all of the families, survivors, friends, and any affected by the shooting at Sandy Hook.

I have been reflecting on it for a good portion of the day. Nowhere is safe in this world. For whatever reason, there will be dangerous people, situations, and places. There's nothing we can do to change these things--car accidents will continue to happen, people will hurt other people in unthinkable ways, and tragedies will happen. What we can do is pray for this world. I pray that we can all learn to love and respect each other. We can all do our best to love and support everyone as if they are family.

I will support these brothers and sisters of mine in the only way I can. I will pray for them--prayers for comfort, peace that surpasses understanding, and strength. I pray that spouses lean on each other instead of turn away in times of grief. They will never be the same. They will always mourn and miss their loved-ones, and the parents will always feel a part of them is gone. Healing will be long and painful, but God is good, and it's the least we can do to pray for His presence to comfort them right now.

Hug your loves a little bit tighter tonight and try to live love.

No comments:

Post a Comment