Thursday, December 6, 2012

17 Weeks

I finally look like a pregnant person!! (sort of)

I'm 17 weeks and 1 day, finally. Since I'm looking ahead to each new milestone, I always feel like I should be one week ahead, so sometimes I feel like "I'm ONLY 17 weeks?!" In reality, though, I'm happy to be this far along. I love that I'm due in May--I find it a very special month. My secret hope is that I give birth on my amazing husband's birthday as his gift, but I think both these awesome people deserve their own day in our family.

So I'll do a modified pregnancy stat survey just to give a little heads-up about the pregnancy thus far.

How Far Along: 17 weeks 1 day
Baby is Size of: an onion
Weight Gained: 0 pounds!!! (I was super happy about that when I was weighed at my appointment on Monday, woohoo. I feel like I am not the healthiest, but I'm glad I haven't gained anything yet/gained too much. I have a fear of gaining too much weight and not being able to get it off.)
Symptoms: still have pretty bad skin, big boobs, peeing all the time!, some cramping from my growing uterus/pelvis and sometimes dehydration and too much activity, some round ligament pain, gas pain, and lousy sleep. The newest symptom is tailbone pain!! Most of it is moderate, but I'd be lying if I said it was all roses. (of course it is all worth it!!)
Best Moment Last Week: going on an hour-long walk at the Abbey on a beautiful 63 degree day with my beautiful friend, Elley. Also, I'm super psyched about how much work Scott and I have done on the house. It's really coming together and looking great!


I will have to break some news and say that some of this belly is bloat. It's not quite as out and round normally.
I'm loving that Baby can now hear sounds from outside---aka daddy's voice!! Can't wait to start to feel kicks =] Should be very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment