Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easter is Upon Us...Almost

Easter is one of my all-time favorite holidays. It is so joyous and magical. How can you not feel filled with love while celebrating the season of Jesus? His sacrifice was the most loving act anyone has ever made, and He made it for us.

Other great reasons to love Easter:
-Spring is coming!!!!
-Scott and I got engaged Easter weekend
-all the colors are cheerful
-candy galore
-an excuse to get dressed up all pretty and girly (and men in pastels-ee!)
^Scott and I on Easter in 2011. (The day after his proposal.)

This year, despite being significantly pregnant and Easter being just a short two weeks after my shower, I am hosting my first holiday!
I'm keeping it casual and "stress-free." The day will be mostly low-key. We won't be serving Turkey or Ham, and there won't be any 'decorations.' I'll probably put a  small flower centerpiece on the table to accompany our meatball sub lunch. Still, though, there will be some festive aspects, and it will be the first time I'm having the family over for a holiday meal at our house!

Here's the "invite" I sent via e-mail to the family:

(I got the print via this blog and just added my own words to it.)

I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment