Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recent Baby Snags

Everybody knows I am slightly addicted to clothes/fashion. Although my 'daily uniform' is leggings with a tshirt and cardigan, I do like to look good (most of the time). One of my greatest accomplishments was getting Scotty out of those lackluster Old Navy graphic Ts and cargos. Now, it's rare for us to go out with family and/or friends without someone complimenting Scott on how good he looks.

That all being said, there is no way I'd be putting baby C in boring or generic threads. Sure, he'll know how to sport a onesie/footie pjs/fleece playsuits. I want my baby boy to be comfortable! I also want him to be stylish. My personal style isn't really the whole cars/dinosaurs/sports graphics. Every now and then they are cute, but I'm much more drawn to "little man" clothes or less "boy-y" digs. I totally dig gray, chevron, mint, and animal playsuits. As for his non "baby sweats," I'll be dressing him as a mini-Scott! I can't fathom spending major bucks for his very disposable wardrobe, so I've been buying sale pieces for this time next year. Here are a few of my recent treasure finds:
From corner left: H&M argyle sweater (on sale for $5), Zara coat (on sale for $25-originally $50), grey Gap sweatpants (during their extra 40% off sale items event), red Gap corduroy pants (also during the extra 40% sale), grey Gap oxford onesie (it was my big splurge at about $19 during a sale--but I used a gift card!), and Oshkosh B'Gosh sweater from Target (originally $15 on sale for $4.50!)

All of these clothes are in winter appropriate sizes for next year. They range from 4-12 months. I'm resisting buying newborn or 0-3 month clothes since I know that's what most people will buy for the baby.

Where are your favorite places for baby clothes?

PS-I was SO excited to get our Zara package today!

No comments:

Post a Comment