Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom

Wow. My mom is a very special number today. I will not share what it is, but I will tell you she rocks.

Before having kids, my mom was such a fierce, controversial, and ambitious woman. She was passionate about her work with Planned Parenthood (they do more than abortions, btw!), an accomplished pianist in New York City, and a bit of a wild one. Once she had my brother and me, she focused most of her energy and love into us and being the best mom ever. She took us out to parks and museums, encouraged us to be creative, and played with us. A few years ago she went back to school. After 4 long years of working full time and going to night school she earned her masters in Social Work. Did I mention she got almost ALL A's? Now, she works as a social worker/therapist, is still a completely supportive mom, and a super excited grandma-to-be!

I couldn't be more proud of all that she's accomplished, nor could I love her more!





1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm new to your blog -waves- I got here though As the Forest[e] Grows. Seems like your mom is a big part of your life, my momma is of mine as well. Lovely family! :)

    ReplyDelete