Sunday, January 29, 2012

Family lovin'

This weekend I got to spend some time with some super awesome and near and dear to my heart. Her name is Emily, and I'm blessed that she is my cousin (in law-but that doesn't really count). I met her shortly after getting engaged to Scotty. There are some people you just click with instantly; you just have chemistry with certain people. Emily and I have that chemistry and just clicked right off the bat. I'm so blessed to have her in my life as a cousin but more importantly as a best friend. Do any of you guys have someone like that in your life? Someone with whom you clicked instantly or even family that turned into a great friend? If you do please comment and tell me about them =]

This weekend she visited 'home' from her apartment in State College. She has so many friends and loves all of her family, so I'm always happy that she makes time to see Scotty and me every time she's home. This weekend I got to see her almost all weekend-it was AWESOME. Friday she slept over and we just kind of had girl talk and watched movies while Scotty did his own hobbies. We made awesome spritz cookies (pink for the upcoming Vday!!!) and just enjoyed our time together. Saturday we went to a consignment shop after a yummy pancake breakfast. Saturday day I got to bum around all day with the hubby until Saturday night when the three of us all got ice cream at Dairy Queen (such an indulgence).

This morning Scotty and I got to eat breakfast with my mom, and now I'm getting ready to do my Sunday shift at work (woohoo), but reflecting on this weekend of family just makes me so happy! The only thing that could have made it better would have been if my dad could have made breakfast this morning, too, and if Caroline (my other cousin, who rounds out Emily and me) could have hung out with us on Friday!


Later I'll post about my new love of food and how I love working with my best friend, Dana.


 Scott and his beautiful cousin, Emily!
Emily caught the bouquet at my wedding!

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE MY FAVORITE! I feel honored that I made it onto your blog! Love you Mrs. Southern at Heart :)

    ReplyDelete